More Options Come in Below $1.5mPosted on Friday, October 9th, 2009 at 6:00am.
You could say that the low end is still where the action is.
Let's see what's new over the past week or so (click highlighted addresses for more pics & details via Redfin):
- 2606 Pacific (4br/3ba, 3450 sq. ft.) is a big, contemporary-styled remodel priced near $400/PSF, a lot of house for $1.399m. Location and style challenges help explain the relative bargain here.
- 1508 Ardmore (3br/2ba, 1150 sq. ft.) is not big and not terribly updated – a 1950s cottage with updates late last century. There's some extra sq. footage in a big garage with windows and possibilities. Starts at $1.059m.
- 2204 Ardmore (3br/2ba, 1125 sq. ft.) is also a 50s cottage with some updates, starts at $979k.
- 622 Rosecrans (3br/2ba, 1500 sq. ft.) (pictured) is a sharp and darling remodel, a fully modern feel for a mid-70s build – inspired. Starts at $1.160m.
- 3408 Crest (1br/2ba, 1050 sq. ft.) doesn't look like the Tree Section offerings, being a late-1930s beach cottage in El Norte. If $1.050m seems a little rich to begin, consider the Sept. 2005 acquisition price of $890k – most resales bought back then have closed recently for 5-10% less, not more.
UPDATE: After this story posted, on Friday morning 2 additional SFR listings came out, both priced above $1.5m. They are 648 26th ($1.799m) and 408 N. Dianthus ($1.595m).
comments powered by Disqus