Of the 8 new SFR listings we've seen come out so far in October, most (5) are priced below $1.5m, and half (4) are in the Tree Section.
You could say that the low end is still where the action is.
Let's see what's new over the past week or so (click highlighted addresses for more pics & details via Redfin):
- 2606 Pacific (4br/3ba, 3450 sq. ft.) is a big, contemporary-styled remodel priced near $400/PSF, a lot of house for $1.399m. Location and style challenges help explain the relative bargain here.
- 1508 Ardmore (3br/2ba, 1150 sq. ft.) is not big and not terribly updated – a 1950s cottage with updates late last century. There's some extra sq. footage in a big garage with windows and possibilities. Starts at $1.059m.
- 2204 Ardmore (3br/2ba, 1125 sq. ft.) is also a 50s cottage with some updates, starts at $979k.
- 622 Rosecrans (3br/2ba, 1500 sq. ft.) (pictured) is a sharp and darling remodel, a fully modern feel for a mid-70s build – inspired. Starts at $1.160m.
- 3408 Crest (1br/2ba, 1050 sq. ft.) doesn't look like the Tree Section offerings, being a late-1930s beach cottage in El Norte. If $1.050m seems a little rich to begin, consider the Sept. 2005 acquisition price of $890k – most resales bought back then have closed recently for 5-10% less, not more.
UPDATE: After this story posted, on Friday morning 2 additional SFR listings came out, both priced above $1.5m. They are 648 26th
) and 408 N. Dianthus