There's been no rush recently to make or wrap up a ton of sales, but we've seen some interesting closings:
- 755 11th (pictured) (5br/5ba, 5200 sq. ft.) in the Hill Section, "The Georgian" to those who knew it, sold for $2.5m as a fixer, down from a start at $3.399m (-$899k/-26%). The oversize lot features a cool, large sports court. The interior featured blue shag. But not for long. How about $480/PSF in the Hills?
- 429 31st (4br/5ba, 3800 sq. ft.), a dandy Cape Cod up on the plateau, went for $2.160m ($330k below its May 2005 acquisition price).
- 3505 Pacific, a delightful family home (4br/3ba, 2850 sq. ft.) on a nearly double-wide lot, went for $1.299m. Worth noting: purchased for $1.350m in Jan. 2004... received multiple bids this time, but went precisely for the initial asking price.
On different notes, how about some overbids and some Strand dirt?
- 405 21st (pictured) (3br/2ba, 1450 sq. ft.) got a couple notices at MBC, especially after its fast sale (see "That Was Quick"). It went for $90k above asking, at $1.239m.
- 112 19th Pl., a clean, if somewhat dated, cottage (3br/2ba, 1500 sq. ft.) right along Ocean near The Strand, was listed at $1.299m but got bid up to $1.4m.
- 208 The Strand (dirt, 2700 sq. ft.) closed for $6.7m recently. Neighboring 204 The Strand was also sold to the same buyers (price undisclosed). Those sales create a new double lot on The Strand at the South End, immediately abutting the giant 3-lot home they're building just to the north. (The 3-lot Marriott?)
To the south, along 2nd, another new home is framed out and has walls and is starting to look real. The whole, short block will really be something by 2012.