What do we love about MB?
Sometimes, it's the unique community stuff:
- Christmas Fireworks!
- the ancient paddleboard races, still finishing at the pier
- Surf Festival w/ the lifeguard competition & team volleyball
- Hometown Fair
- Local 5ks and 10ks (for the fair & schools)
- Summer Concerts at Polliwog Park
- and 100 other things that can't fit here right away...
Now MB is adding a new thing that we think will take off. It's the "Halloween Pumpkin Race
" (click for details)
inspired by a local event in easternmost MB
, coming to downtown for the first time next weekend (Sunday, Oct. 28, 1-7:30pm – yes, almost 7 hrs.
Think Pinewood Derby meets the Rose Parade
. Er, how about the Doo-Dah Parade
? Either way, it's partly a race and partly pageantry.What's not to love?